Friends, I have an awesome review for you today. Well, awesome in my humble opinion, of course. I was privileged enough to receive not one, not two, but THREE pairs of sunglasses from Under Armour for review. Their sunglasses are literally perfect for any sport. This post shows that they’re good for tennis but I use them for my running and I know some people who use Under Armour for all sorts of sports.
In the name of transparency, I do need to let you know that I reached out to the company about their new women’s glasses, the Marbella, and received these glasses free of charge. I also received the Igniter 2.0 and youth model Ace. The following reviews of the glasses are solely my own, with the help of my husband and son. Read on, friends!
I am normally a die-hard Oakley fan, but when my Fives started to show signs of wear, I knew it was time for some new shades. Fortunately, Under Armour came in just at the right time. First, let’s start with the Marbella.
I literally don’t have anything bad to say about them. Okay, maybe one bad thing. I’m really disappointed that I have such a hard time finding women’s polarized sunglasses. You’d think that a performance company would want to market performance to all of their customers or prospective buyers, not just men. It is literally like searching for the needle in the haystack to find a pair of decent performance sunglasses, for women, with a polarized lens.
Under Armour Marbella Women’s Performance Eyewear
Black Frame / Peapod Green Rubber / Gray Lens
Features and Benefits
The UA Marbella is new for 2014. It is built specifically for the female face. These shades use ArmourFusion®, making the frame lightweight and durable, and also features ArmourSight® lenses, which are “10x stronger than a standard polycarbonate lens,” and boast “20% enhanced edge-to-edge vision.”
- They are extremely lightweight. I love that I barely feel them on my face.
- The nose pad is adjustable. Awesome feature, especially because faces (and noses!) come in so many shapes and sizes.
- Air flow technology. I actually didn’t know this was a feature until I started getting into the nitty-gritty of the product guide, but basically the air flow technology means airflow is directed through the lenses, which keeps the wearer cooler. And no joke, it actually works.
- Not polarized. Bummer.
Overall, would I recommend this product to a friend? Absolutely. Would I buy this at a store? Most definitely. Was I surprised I liked them this much? 100% yes.
Igniter 2.0 Men’s Performance Eyewear
White Frame / Orange Rubber / Gray w/ Orange Multiflection Lens
This portion of the review is from my husband. His sunglasses are rad. I’m a little jealous, actually.
Features and Benefits
The Igniter 2.0 features a rimless frame, as well as ArmourFusion® and ArmourSight®, as well as the adjustable nose pad.
- Lenses are clear. So much so that when I wore them while I was driving, it was sunny and became cloudy. When it became sunny again, I had forgotten I was wearing them.
- Rimless frame. You forget you’re wearing sunglasses because it doesn’t break up your field of vision.
- Nose piece can become uncomfortable. Despite being lightweight, the nose piece can become uncomfortable if you’re wearing them for an extended period of time. Even though they are adjustable, I had a hard time figuring out how to adjust it.
- Discoloration near the nose guard. I’m not entirely sure what this is from but it is either from the multiflection technology, or from the color of the frames versus the lenses.
Overall, I really like them — they are comfortable. I would have never bought a pair that was rimless on the bottom, but I like them better than my regular frame sunglasses. Would I recommend them to a friend? Yes.
- Stylish. Love the unique design on the frame.
- Excellent fit. These shades are snug and they stay put even during hard activity (i.e. running around the driveway like a maniac). The wrap of the frames is perfect for small heads.
- Great size for petite adult faces. Score — he can share with mom! 🙂
- Price. These rad shades retail for $49.99. I would wait until your kiddo is a bit older than 4 1/2 before spending this kind of money on sunglasses.
I would definitely recommend these to a friend with an older child. Or for a mama who likes the look of them. They are durable, comfortable, and stylish.
Special thanks to Under Armour for giving me the opportunity to review these sunglasses. I’m really pleased with them, and despite my few complaints, I will definitely consider Under Armour eyewear again in the future.
Hope this review helped those of you in the market for new shades! Have an awesome day!
What are YOUR favorite shades?
Have questions about this or any other product review? Please contact me!