What totally made my race was seeing my family at the end of mile 1. I was running down the road and saw them out of the corner of my eye. I made my way over for a quick high-five from my son and husband, gave a hug, and kept on running. As soon as I turned the corner the lady on Map My Run told me my time was 8:20. Couldn’t have been happier. I ran with a smile on my face for the rest of the race.
- 2 cans black beans (or 4 C cooked chicken, chopped)
- 2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup (you can sub this with another mushroom soup if you’re making it a strict vegetarian/vegan dish. We still use the chicken soup, just not the chicken.)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 12 – 6″ corn tortillas
- 2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
|Tortilla torn into 1-inch pieces|
|1/3 of the bean mixture|
Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Uncover and cook on low for additional 30 minutes. Total cooking time is 4 hours.