This post is sponsored by NOOMA.
I gotta tell ya, I’m ecstatic about today’s review. I’m a huge proponent of supporting local companies and their wares. You can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon NOOMA. What is NOOMA, you ask?
NOOMA is electrolyte hydration minus all the added acid and sugars. NOOMA is local to the CLE, and the founders are hockey players. NOOMA contains no acid, no preservatives, and no GMOs. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and only has 10 calories.
When the samples were shipped, I received this awesome mail drop of swag complete with a handwritten note from one of the founders. It was such a nice gesture, and I really appreciated it. He even included an awesome recipe book for smoothies and such. I’m really looking forward to trying them out!
So let’s talk products. NOOMA comes in four flavors: Mangosteen, Cherry Lime, Blueberry Peach, and Chocolate Mint.
Upon first seeing these unique and uncommon flavor combinations, I was first drawn to Blueberry Peach. I like blueberries, and I like peach. Just seems like a normal gravitation. It was good, but not my favorite. I also tried it at room temperature. Big mistake. I immediately popped the rest of them into the ‘fridge for good measure.
Next up was Cherry Lime. Again, it was good but not my favorite. Refrigeration was a big improvement.
I was hesitant to try Mangosteen. Because what the heck is a “mangosteen” anyway? I reluctantly twisted the cap off and took a swig. Much to my delight, Mangosteen was my favorite!
Unfortunately, Chocolate Mint and I do not have a good working relationship. Definitely not for me. However, it is my husband’s favorite so there you have it. Different strokes for different folks!
Aside from the flavors, when do I drink my newfound loves? Post-run, of course! I haven’t tried them during a long run yet only because the opportunity hasn’t presented itself yet, but I do anticipate doing so in the near future — so long as the weather holds out and permits me a few more long runs before winter creeps in and settles over the Greater Cleveland area for the next several months. Most definitely not looking forward to that, but that’s an entirely different post for a different day. 🙂
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of NOOMA:
- Nothing added, and nothing weird. Just a straight-up electrolyte replacement drink.
- Small company makes customer relations optimal. Right now it’s just two brothers and a business mentor.
- Four flavors to choose from!
- The owners/founders are athletes themselves. Another pivotal piece to a successful sports-related business.
- The flavors are unconventional. Chocolate Mint is not my cup of tea.
- If you’re switching from Gatorade or Powerade, NOOMA is going to taste a bit… off. NOOMA is not anywhere near as sweet as either of the aforementioned sports drinks. Which is a pro, but if you’re used to sugar then this may be a con.
- As they are a newer brand, NOOMA isn’t readily available at major retailers. No problem for me, but what if you’re one of my readers in say, California…?
GREAT NEWS! NOOMA is giving away a case of these awesome drinks to one lucky winner! The giveaway will be open from midnight EST October 29 to midnight EST November 6. It is open to US residents only. The winner will choose his/her flavor of choice (or a mixed case if that’s your preference), and will be announced here, on the Running on Happy Facebook page, on Twitter, and via email.
Oh, and the shirt they sent me? Ah-maze-ing. So soft. I sported it on my drive home from Iron Horse. Here’s the proof. Don’t judge the compression socks and hideous capris. I had just run 13.1 miles with a 5 hour drive ahead of me.
Thank you to NOOMA for allowing me to try out their yummy drinks. My running life will never be the same again. Plus I get to rock this cool shirt all the time now.
Ready to win? Go!