TGIF, y’all! This weekend will be full of adventure for many of you, I’m sure. As for me, it’s Mother’s Day, I’ve got a shorter long run planned (last one before CLE!), and we’ve got a birthday party and maybe even a high school musical, too. I’m really looking forward to it!
But before we all kick off this weekend, I’d love to tell you about a fantastic race I’ll be participating in the week after the Cleveland Half Marathon. It’s called the Copper River Salmon Run. It’s a 5K run/walk in Lakewood, Ohio hosted by Pier W — a phenomenal Lake Erie waterfront restaurant in Lakewood. The proceeds from the race benefit Malachi House. Malachi House is a non-profit organization that serves the terminally ill with limited or no financial resources. It’s a phenomenal organization that receives all of it’s funding solely through private donations.
The Copper River Salmon Run is being held on Saturday, May 21. Race day registration begins at 9:00 am with the race starting at 10:00 am.
So what is the Copper River Salmon Run and why should you run it? I’ll give you 3 “abouts” and 2 “whys.” Ready?
5 Things Copper River Salmon Run
1. Copper River Salmon Run is a 5K to correspond with the running of the Copper River Salmon in Alaska.
“A commitment to long term sustainability, premium quality, and family fishermen are just the beginning of the Copper River Salmon Story.”
2. The 5K culminates with a delicious lunch from Pier W Executive Chef Regan Reik. Chef Reik will be on the grill preparing Copper River Salmon burgers, vegan black bean burgers, all beef burgers or turkey hot dogs. All 5K participants receive lunch included with the cost of entry. Non-runners/walkers are welcome to gather for lunch for $12/person.
3. Pier W is a landmark Cleveland restaurant. It has been serving a critically acclaimed seafood menu since 1965. Pier W is in a unique building, designed to resemble the hull of a luxury liner and boasts spectacular views of Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline.
4. Why should you run it? Because I’ll be there, of course! What better reason do you need? No, but really, all the proceeds go to Malachi House (as I mentioned above). Do you really need another reason?
5. And because I have a free entry to give to one lucky reader! That’s right — one lucky reader will get a free entry and lunch included for the Copper River Salmon Run. Join me and enter below for your chance to win!
Too excited and can’t wait for the giveaway to end? Click here for online registration!
GOOD LUCK! (Don’t forget to enter to win my other giveaway for CORE Organic Fruit Infused Beverage!)
TALK TO ME!
What’s your favorite local 5K?
What’s your favorite seafood dish?
Giveaway details: Giveaway starts May 6, 2016 at 12:00 am EST and ends May 13, 2016 at 12:00 am EST. It is open to U.S. residents only. One prize per person.