What an interesting week, to say the least. Ups, downs, and all arounds! I got a whole lotta random stuff on my mind today, so try to keep up.
Irony, Running Friends, and All the Ice Cream
How’s this for irony?
1. My post yesterday was all about what to do if you get injured, right? This was me a few short hours after I posted it:
2. Airplanes are cool and all, and my old ‘hood was under the flight path to the airport. But where we live now is quiet, quiet, quiet. Birds are chirping, no planes flying overheard, very little noise pollution. Until all the planes are redirected due to the RNC. I need my peace and quiet back! #notwinning
Speaking of the RNC…
3. I can’t wait for election day to come and go. Politics are tearing people apart! Families! Friends! Neighbors! All these relationships are disintegrating before our very eyes — because of political and ideological differences. In the words of Rodney King, “can’t we all just get along?!”
4. I’ve been loving my early morning runs with my friend, Eugenia. It’s been a long time since we’ve consistently run together. Somehow the stars aligned and we’ve gotten two back-to-back runs in together. Uncanny!
5. My daughter is turning into a diva and I love it. I just want to put her cute little tantruming self in my pocket where I can keep her forever. When we put her to bed, she insists on giving us kisses on the forehead and the cheek, and she’s so sad if it doesn’t happen. Cuteness overload!
6. I’m the first to admit it — I’ve been eating terribly. Vacation destroyed my good eating habits! Darn you, Cape Cod, with your delicious clam chowdah, lobster rolls, and ice cream. All the ice cream!
My dog is a jackass.
7. She’s now destroyed two sets of carpeted stairs. Which, if I’m being honest, is kind of a blessing in disguise. I want to tear up the carpet in the living room anyway, so she’s just helping us move the process along. But it’s still annoying to come into the room to see the carpet shreds. Bad, dog. Bad!
8. I decided I’m taking a proactive approach to training. I declared I was done slacking but now I’m making some positive changes — strength three days a week, and planking every day. Even if it’s just for a minute. Every little bit helps.
And yoga — I haven’t started that up again yet, but it’s coming. I need to make it happen.
9. One last random thought before I let you go — don’t you love when this happens?! It was 7:19 on 7/19!
Hey — it’s the little things, people.
TALK TO ME!
What’s one “little thing” that totally made your day recently?
After a week of eating willy-nilly, how long does it take you to get back on track?
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.